Table of Contents
- 1 What is an Impacted Wisdom Tooth?
- 2 Reason Behind Impacted Wisdom Tooth Pain
- 3 Know More About Impacted Wisdom Tooth Pain
- 4 Signs of Impacted Wisdom Tooth!
- 5 Remedies for Impacted Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
- 6 Complications
- 7 When to See a Doctor If You Are Having Impacted Wisdom Teeth!
What is an Impacted Wisdom Tooth?
Impacted wisdom teeth are actually the third molars at the back of your mouth that don’t have enough space to develop and eventually emerge from the gums. An impacted wisdom tooth is called as impacted as they grow in a very irregular shape and can cause impacted wisdom tooth pain! So I think now you know what is an impacted wisdom tooth?
Reason Behind Impacted Wisdom Tooth Pain
Most people have four wisdom teeth if they have. Two on the top and two at the bottom jaw. These have very little space to grow and that is why the impacted wisdom teeth can result in pain. The reason to this pain is that these wisdom teeth are formed and they grow in the adult age mostly around the early twenties, the already formed teeth have been fully developed and have reached, mature growth uphill that time and hence they cover all the space in your jaw and gums which eventually disturbs the growth of these teeth.
If wisdom tooth growth is left untreated it can cause damage to other teeth and can result in dental problems. In some cases, impacted wisdom teeth may cause no problems and can cause no pain but can stay in a very irregular shape. But because they are hard to clean and they are definitely more sensitive and exposed to germs and are vulnerable to tooth decay and gum disease than any other teeth and so it can cause serious dental issues. Impacted wisdom teeth that cause pain and dental issues are recommended by dentists to be removed immediately before they form complications in your mouth.
Know More About Impacted Wisdom Tooth Pain
An impacted Wisdom tooth can emerge usually between the ages of 18 to 26 as seen more commonly. Some people can also have wisdom teeth that emerge without any problems and can adjust with the other teeth behind the molars. In many cases, however, the mouth is full and is not able to give space for third molars to develop normally. These misaligned third molars become trapped and are then called impacted.
Impacted tooth pain can be because it has grown vertically or horizontally downwards to the gum or sometimes it can be pushing its adjacent teeth.
- The can be grown in an angle that must be hurting the gums. These are mostly referred to as horizontally impacted wisdom tooth.
- The can be grown at an angle toward the back of the mouth which may cause pain in the jaw.
- Grow at a right angle to the other teeth and can be causing pain in those teeth and can misalign all of your teeth.
- Grow straight in the downward direction can cause extreme pain and bleed in gums and your jaw.
Signs of Impacted Wisdom Tooth!
Impacted wisdom teeth are not the teeth that will always cause pain and symptoms so if you are starting to think that way, don’t! Only impacted wisdom teeth that cause pain must be removed and those who are completely in their place and are not disturbing the space of other teeth shall be taken care of and not be removed. But hey! When you feel like that impacted wisdom teeth are being infected or are damaging other teeth or causes other dental problems, you may experience some of these symptoms:
- Red gums or swollen gums are one of the most common signs of having impacted wisdom teeth!
- Bleeding gums are the second most common and severe symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth!
- Jaw pain is also one of the most common symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth!
- Swelling around the jaw is yet another sign that you are having impacted wisdom teeth!
- Bad breath can also be a sign of impacted wisdom teeth.
- Unpleasant taste on your tongue is also a sign of wisdom teeth impaction!
- Difficulty opening your jaws can be a sign of having impacted wisdom teeth!
Remedies for Impacted Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
The very first suggestion that you are going to get from the people about impacted wisdom tooth is, “get impacted wisdom tooth surgery immediately and get it removed.” But I believe that if nature gives you something, there’s always a good reason behind. So, as per my advice and suggestion, I won’t recommend impacted wisdom tooth surgery. You can get impacted wisdom tooth pain relief using some home remedies. The reason to go for home remedies for impacted wisdom tooth pain relief is that impacted wisdom tooth extraction cost is high.
Well here below are some of the remedies for impacted wisdom tooth pain relief:
Ibuprofen is something that you can find almost in every house. Ibuprofen can be very effective in reducing the impacted tooth pain and also it keeps you safe from the fever due to impacted wisdom tooth pain.
2. Ice Pack
Another most effective home remedy for impacted wisdom tooth pain relief is the ice pack. Placing the ice pack in the mouth where the pain it can give you temporary relief from pain.
3. Salt Water
Salt water is normally used to fight and kill the bacteria. But this salt water can also be effective if you are having wisdom tooth pain. Rinse the painful area with warm salt water and you will feel better.
4. Clove Oil
Cloves are considered best for every sort of toothache and for better health of your tooth. All you need to do is to get a cotton ball and pour a few drops of clove oil on it. Now put this cotton on the affected area. You will get relief within a few minutes.
Onion has the juice which is very harsh on germs and bacteria. Take a piece of onion and put it on the painful area and chew it a little so that the onion juice may start getting into the roots. Chewing onion can give you instant pain relief from wisdom tooth pain.
- Damage to other teeth.
- If the impacted wisdom tooth pushes along other teeth then it can misalign the position of your other developed teeth. When this happens all of your teeth get misbalanced and out of there space which causes extreme pain and can destroy your teeth structure.
- Impacted Wisdom Tooth Cysts. The wisdom tooth develops in a sac if is grown abnormally under the gums! These can cause cysts and pus to appear in your gums and can affect all of your teeth. It can cause tooth decay and can cause a lot of pain. To get impacted wisdom tooth pain relief you have to get impacted wisdom tooth treatment and the treatment best for it is impacted wisdom tooth surgery!
- Decay. Partially impacted wisdom tooth can appear to be at higher risk of tooth decay than any other teeth in your mouth and this is because these are hard to clean and particles can get stuck into them and can cause cysts and eventually result into tooth decay!
- Gum disease. The difficulty of cleaning impacted wisdom teeth is mentioned earlier. And is only because of the cleaning issues. So gum diseases can easily form in your mo
- You must get your teeth checked in the age where the wisdom teeth develop. You should get an appointment every six months and should take regular check-ups and maintain hygiene so that you don’t get any dental problems.
Impacted wisdom teeth can cause several problems in your mouth and we have collected info about it and have stated them asunder. Read them below:
You must get your teeth checked in the age where the wisdom teeth develop. You should get an appointment every six months and should take regular check-ups and maintain hygiene so that you don’t get any dental problems.
When to See a Doctor If You Are Having Impacted Wisdom Teeth!
You must get in touch with a dentist when you feel pain in behind your molars, it is best to get your teeth checked before it gets worse!
You can share your experience of when you got the signs of impacted wisdom tooth! And how did you treated it and did you had surgery you can also discuss the impacted wisdom tooth extraction cost with us. We hope after reading all of the above info now you know what is an impacted wisdom tooth and what does an impacted wisdom tooth look like!